If you’re considering fertility preservation, sperm freezing can be an effective and proven means for men. At Sago Team fertility clinic in North Cyprus, we offer high-tech freezing facilities to help you achieve your family goals.
WHY CHOOSE SPERM FREEZING?
Sperm freezing, also known as sperm cryopreservation, is a process that involves preserving and storing sperm for future use. There are several reasons why someone might consider this, including:
- Fertility Preservation. Sperm freezing can help men who are facing medical treatments that have a negative impact on fertility. By preserving sperm prior to treatment, men can preserve their fertility and increase their chances of having biological children in the future.
- IVF Treatment. A couple undergoing IVF treatment where the male partner might face difficulty in producing a sperm sample on the day of egg collection may prefer to use sperm previously stored.
- Timing of Pregnancy. Sperm cryopreservation can be a viable option for men who want to delay having children until later in life. By freezing their sperm when they are younger, men can increase their chances of successful conception later in life, even if their sperm quality decreases over time.
- Vasectomy. If a male is to undergo a vasectomy procedure but want the option of having children at a later date, freezing is a practical choice.
- Donor Sperm. Sperm cryopreservation can also be used for donor sperm. By freezing donor sperm, clinics can provide a wider range of options for individuals and couples who require donor sperm to conceive.
Sago Team use the latest technology to ensure the highest quality of sperm preservation. This non-evasive process involves the following steps:
- Semen Sample Collection. The first step in sperm cryopreservation is to collect a semen sample in one of our private collection rooms.
- Semen Analysis. Once the semen sample is collected, it will be analysed to determine its quality and quantity.
- Freezing Method. We use the vitrification methods for sperm cyropreservation, which involves rapid freezing.
- Storage. Once the sperm is frozen, it will be stored in our secure, advanced storage facility until it is ready to be used.
INITIAL SCREENING AND CONSENT
Before commencing any sperm preservation procedure, patients will be screened for infectious diseases.
Sago Team will require written and informed consent from the patient for their sperm to be stored and its duration.
We follow rigorous protocols to protect sperm donors’ identities and prevent any mix-ups.
The success rates of sperm freezing depend on several factors, including the quality of the semen sample and the method of freezing used.
However, studies have shown that preserved sperm can remain viable for up to 20 years or more, making it a viable option for long-term fertility preservation.
The success rates of IVF using frozen sperm is comparable to success rates of IVF using freshly obtained sperm. Additionally, there are no risks to embryos created with frozen sperm nor to children born from those embryos.
If you’re considering fertility preservation or need donor sperm, sperm cryopreservation may be the right choice for you. At Sago Team fertility clinic, we offer high standard fertility preservation services to help you achieve your family goals.
Contact us now to discuss more with one of our trained Patient Coordinators.
You may also be interested in Sperm Freezing for Fertility Preservation during Cancer Treatment.