FERTILE Plus® is a microfluidic sperm sorting method that we recommend to certain patients at Sago IVF Team North Cyprus.
It is designed to improve the chances of success in assisted reproductive technologies such as in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and intrauterine insemination (IUI).
WHAT IS FERTILE PLUS®?
FERTILE Plus® is a chemical-free method that uses microfluidic channels to sort sperm cells based on their size, shape, and DNA integrity.
The method is based on the principle of natural sperm selection in a passage through micro-barriers, imitating the natural environment of the female reproductive system that would normally take place in the fallopian tubes.
It works by allowing sperm to pass through a series of narrow channels, which separate them based on their motility and other characteristics.
This results in a highly purified sample of motile and genetically healthy sperm that are better suited for fertilisation. This method demonstrably increases the success of a cycle by up to 25%.
WHEN DO WE RECOMMEND FERTILE PLUS®?
The head of Sago Team Doctor Münür Sago may recommend the FERTILE Plus® microfluidic sperm sorting method in the following circumstances:
- After recurring IUI failures: If a couple has undergone several rounds of intrauterine insemination (IUI) without success, it may be an indication that there are issues with the quality of the sperm. In this case, the doctor may recommend this as a more efficient and effective method of sperm selection, increasing the chances of successful fertilization.
- In case of low rate of egg fertilization with ICSI in the previous cycle: If a couple has undergone in vitro fertilization (IVF) with intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) in the past but had a low rate of fertilization, it may indicate a problem with the quality of the sperm. The FERTILE Plus® method can improve the selection of viable sperm, increasing the chances of successful fertilization.
- In cases of recurring miscarriages: If a couple has experienced multiple miscarriages, it could be due to chromosomal abnormalities or other genetic issues with the sperm. This method can help identify sperm with better genetic integrity, reducing the likelihood of miscarriage and increasing the chances of a healthy pregnancy.
MICROFLUIDIC SPERM SORTING IN OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES
Fertility doctors may also recommend the FERTILE Plus® microfluidic sperm sorting method to patients in various other circumstances, such as:
- Low sperm count: When a man has a low sperm count, it can be difficult to find enough healthy sperm for successful fertilisation. FERTILE Plus® can help select the healthiest sperm for use in assisted reproduction techniques.
- Unexplained infertility: In cases where the cause of infertility cannot be identified, FERTILE Plus® can help by selecting the best sperm for fertilisation.
- Previous failed fertility treatments: Patients who have experienced failed fertility treatments in the past may benefit from FERTILE Plus® as it provides a more efficient and accurate method of selecting viable sperm.
- Male factor infertility: Men with sperm motility or morphology issues may benefit from FERTILE Plus® as it selects sperm with the highest chance of success.
- Preservation of fertility: FERTILE Plus® can be used to select and preserve the best quality sperm for future use in assisted reproduction techniques such as IVF.
IMPROVING THE CHANCES OF SUCCESSFUL FERTILISATION
In general, FERTILE Plus® is recommended in cases where traditional methods of sperm selection have not been successful or when a higher success rate is desired in assisted reproduction techniques.
It provides a more advanced and effective method of selecting healthy and viable sperm, ultimately improving the chances of successful fertilisation and pregnancy.
It’s important to note that the use of FERTILE Plus® should be determined on a case-by-case basis by a fertility doctor, who will consider the specific circumstances and medical history of each individual or couple.